Safety Policy & Field Trips
KDC safety policies shall include, at a minimum, the following regulations:
- No child shall ever be left alone or unsupervised, this includes children that are considered to be school aged. Children are always accompanied by a staff member wherever they are throughout the center, even when they use the restroom. A staff member will accompany children to the bus when they leave the center in the morning and will likewise meet the bus and accompany the children back into the center when they are dropped off after school. Attendance will be taken at that time. We will notify parents immediately if their child did not get off the bus.
- All children shall be taken to their classroom by their parent in the morning and not dropped off at the door of the center. Each teacher shall greet the children at the door of the classroom. Our centers will only allow authorized individuals with proper identification to pick up your child. Please notify anyone who may pick up your child of this policy to avoid conflicts. In cases of domestic disputes, KDC will only allow someone who has specific authorization to pick up your child. A copy of a court order is required. (Any problems resulting from this policy may subject your child to dismissal from the center)
- There is immediate access at all times to a working telephone within the building used for childcare.
- We conduct a monthly fire drill, at varying times each month. A record of the fire drills shall be maintained at the center and will be available for review upon request. A fire emergency and a weather alert plan is posted in each room which explains action to be taken and staff responsibilities in case of fire emergency and weather alerts. The plan shall include a diagram showing evacuation routes.
- There is a person trained in first aid who meets the requirements on hand at the center at all times.
- When an accident or injury occurs, we will fill out an incident form and require the parent to sign and acknowledge receipt of the report, and give the parent a copy. If the injury is more than an abrasion or minor scratch, we will call the parent to inform them of the incident.
- We will not use any aerosol sprays when the center is in use. All major cleaning will be done when center is closed.
- A child care staff member or the administrator shall immediately notify the local children services agency when the child care staff member suspects that a child has been abused or neglected.
NO off-site field trips are offered at KDC.
We will only offer onsite experiences that will include but are not limited to the following: petting zoo, librarian visits, emergency personnel, career day, etc. Parents will be notified at least one week in advance of these on-site visits and will be required to pay a portion of any fees that may be involved. All details will be posted in the reception area.